I cannot open attachments in Outlook on my Android browser. Is this a known issue and is it being addressed?

Anonymous
2013-03-08T13:31:18+00:00

Today, my Hotmail account was upgraded to Outlook.  I lost the ability to open attachments accessing outlook on my Android browser on my Motorola Razr smartphone.  When I try opening attachments such as pics and docs I get an error message.  Is this issue being addressed to be fixed?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-26T09:26:20+00:00

    I confirm that 2 years later the problem still exists. The outlook app for Android doesn't allow me to open any links/attachment from the e-mail. 

    Where can i file a trackable support ticket?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-05T00:10:09+00:00

    Ya, this is very concerning. My Gmail account lets me download. It is an easy fix. The Microsoft employees answering this post are obviously not qualified to be here. Please get someone who can actually answer the question. I should not have to use your full site on my mobile to download, it takes too long

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-01-28T22:40:27+00:00

    Folks,

    I have stumbled upon this thread from a full 2 years ago!!! And unfortunately these issues still now exist, how can this be!

    Somehow I managed to steer clear of this god awful new microsoft os, but a forced new laptop has plunged me into the microsoft 8 mire.

    Please god tell me how this system works. I have spent 2 days in a world of regret and utter frustration.

    I cant open or save documents when using my other devices. I cant forward or reply to emails on any device. What the hell is the account open page for, it serves no purpose.

    15 years spent learning every incarnation of office for what?  I did not ask for or need this! 

    Audrey, if you are still there, please do not reply with the generic first paragraph, it is beyond condesending. 

    Actually the more i read online can you please advise how I remove myself from this all together. Life is too short.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-13T14:23:53+00:00

    OK; further to the message above; I forwarded the message with the attachment to my Gmail account; I accessed this on my phone, and there was NO PROBLEM AT ALL WITH DOWNLOADING THE ATTACHMENT. So it is just your rubbish app that does not work. I cannot even open the message itself properly; I click on it & it just expands & collapses the 'conversation'; showing the other messages from that person & then hiding them; but the message with the attachment does not actually open.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-04-04T11:47:29+00:00
    1. I like using my email through the browser and not the app.  Outlook has since been fixed via update.  Attachments such as pictures are downloaded to the phone as a file but not viewed in the body of the email as used to happen with Hotmail.  I miss the ability to automatically view pictures without first opening the file.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments