I cannot add this image in my signature on Outlook.com.

Anonymous
2013-03-15T22:57:07+00:00

My Hotmail personalised signature had

Eileen Mullard

![](http://4ndysw4n.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/pelangicinta.jpg)

I cannot seem to be able to do this on outlook?

Please help!

Original title: When you switched my hotmail to outlook, you removed my signature and rainbow picture. I cannot seem to retrieve this and even when I tried to do it on outlook, I cannot get my rainbow on! Help!

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-27T02:11:50+00:00

    Hi LaniWilliamson,

    Sorry for the delayed response. You mentioned that you encounter an error when adding a picture to your email signature. You can clear your browser’s cache and temporary internet files as an initial troubleshooting step to make sure that your browser’s settings are not causing your issue. For assistance in clearing cache and cookies on Internet Explorer and on various browsers, refer to the links below:

    How to optimize Internet Explorer

    How to optimize other browsers

    After optimizing, please close your entire browser and try again.

    You can also try using your account on other supported browsers for Outlook.com to isolate the cause of the issue. You can visit this link for the details on the supported browsers for Outlook.com.

    In addition, we would like you to provide some information in the private message area for investigation purposes. To view it, just click on the "You have a private reply to this message" link above your post and make sure that you are signed in to the forum to view the link.

    We look forward to hearing from you.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-21T14:38:09+00:00

    Hi Lionel,

    Thank you for posting back.

    For us to further investigate your concern, we'd like you to send us a test email using Outlook.com and also using Outlook 2013 so we can check and compare it. Kindly check my private message for more information. Please make sure that you are signed in to Microsoft Community to be able to view the message. Once signed in, click on "You have a private reply to this message. Click here to read it on our secure private messages section." (red font) link just above your post to open the private message.

    We will wait for your response.

    Kind regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-20T04:26:36+00:00

    Hi Eugene. I think you're misunderstanding my post. I have followed the steps you outline above and I have no problems getting the image to appear in my signature. However when the mail is received (whether in outlook or gmail or any other mail client) the image does not show automatically and the recipient needs to download the image by right-clicking on it or some other similar action.

    If I set up the same signature in outlook 2013 and send it the recipient does not have to take any action to see the image: it automatically appears in the received mail.

    The only reason I mentioned inline images because they too are visible to the receiver when he/she opens the email. And that's what I'm trying to do: make the image in my signature visible to the recipient without them having to do anything other than open the email. The image is visible when I compose the email: no problems there.

    Thanks for the reply: please let me know if you have any ideas.

    Lionel.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-20T02:04:23+00:00

    Hi lionelwXX,

    I sincerely apologize for not being able to answer your concern in a timely manner. Let me help you regarding email signature issue in your account.

    For us to better understand your issue, what are the exact steps when you create your email signature?

    I just want to inform you that email signature is different from picture inline. When you setup an email signature, your email signature will always show everytime that you compose an email; not like picture inline. Picture inline is like attaching pictures everytime you're composing an email.

    To setup email signature in Outlook.com, please follow the steps below:

    1. Login to Outlook.com.
    2. Click the cog icon at the upper right and select More mail settings.
    3. Under "Writing email", click Formatting, font and signature.
    4. Open another tab or another web browser and search for the picture you want as your signature. (If in case the picture is stored in your computer, you need to upload it first to SkyDrive. To do it, please follow this link.)
    5. Once you have your picture, right click on your mouse and select Copy.
    6. Under "Personal signature", Paste the picture and the click Save.

    If the issue still persists, don't hesitate to inform us and we'll be happy to further assist you.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-15T01:15:16+00:00

    Hi

    I have also followed the instructions on this thread very closely and I can get my image to appear on my signature in outlook.com. So far so good.

    However when the recipient actually receives the mail the image does not show by default and the recipient has to specifically download the image. Is there anyway around this?

    I've tried sending to various recipients in various clients (outlook 2013, gmail etc) and it's the same story. If I insert an inline image into the mail the inline image is visible to the recipient without them taking any further action. is it not possible to treat the signature image in the same way an inline image is treated?

    This issue is preventing me from using outlook.com as my default mail client.

    Thanks,

    Lionel

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments