Can't save Outlook messages to file. 'Save as' is greyed out.

Anonymous
2012-02-04T10:41:40+00:00

I am using Office for mac 2011 under OS X version 10.7.2.

I cannot 'save' or' save as' Outlook email messages or attachments. PowerPoint, Excel and Word documents save normally. In Outlook "Save as" is permanently greyed out and cannot be selected. Save is not greyed out but does not react to instructions.

Any idea what the problem is and how to fix it.

I bought the software in November on line and this problem has existed for about a month.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-02-05T02:18:01+00:00

Unfortunately, this is not an option in Outlook 2011.

If this is a feature you’d like to see in future versions of Office for Mac, be sure to send your feedback by clicking “Help” > “Send Feedback…” in any Office application or by clicking on the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/product-feedback

As a workaround, if you want to save the emails, you may simply drag the email from the Outlook window to the desktop or any other location. That will save the complete email itself.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-03-01T08:31:42+00:00

I have the same problem and concern! I find this issue unbeleivable. I moved from windows to mac to find this office issue unacceptale!

This has to be corrected at once.

How can we manage the emails we receive in order to have them properly filed?

I can not beleive tha Microsoft could be so irresponsile in such basic issue

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-10-11T15:33:29+00:00

    If you open Finder, you can drag the email into the folder where you want to save it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-11T10:13:10+00:00

    I find this unbelievable! One work around is to Print to pdf. You can then at least save a printed copy of the e-mail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-07-08T21:08:34+00:00

    I do also have this FILE/SAVE AS function disabled in Outlook for Mac 2011. in addition, I also found OUT OF OFFICE function has been disable. I expect the functions in Mac version is to be similar to PC version version if not better

    As previously stated, the Save As command is disabled because it doesn't apply to messages. You can save the message to a file by a simple drag and drop to the Finder.

    As far as the Out Of Office function, it's a server-side option so it requires a server that supports it (Exchange) on the other side. The function is enabled for me on my Exchange account. What type of account do you have?

    Corentin

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments