I am using teams from chrome browser and the person on the other side hears echo when they speak. Please help.

Anonymous
2024-01-12T08:16:38+00:00

I am using MacBook Pro speakers and Microphone as per the Teams settings. When I open settings and just select MacBook Pro speakers and Microphone again, the echo stops. This is really annoying. Can someone help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-23T14:22:09+00:00

    I have an issue with echo in the New Teams Client. The issue is not present when using the PWA on Edge, nor is it present on other apps.

    The client version is 49/24010419113.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T19:27:05+00:00

    Issue may be fixed. I just had two successful calls where my colleagues did not hear an echo when they were talking while I was unmuted.

    I have another meeting tomorrow with a different set of people from another organization. I'll do another sound check and see if they still hear the echo. But for now I'm cautiously optimistic.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T18:08:10+00:00

    I think they fixed something because the issue is gone since I refreshed my Team web page (chrome).

    My version is now 1415/23113028724.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T17:31:50+00:00

    I have the same issue - Surface Pro - all browers and apps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T13:05:46+00:00

    I haven't had this issue for a couple of year but started again for teams meetings from Monday this week, use Chrome browser. I've tried different variations but sometimes if my headphones/mic are plugged in the echo is there and I have to unplug and vice versa. Doesn't seem to be much consistency on when it will occur. If I do the opposite to the previous meeting once I've logged in then the echo goes. I don't hear. It appears to echo the internal employees logged into their company teams when someone logging via Chrome browser.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments