Can't leave an org because my account is locked

Anonymous
2023-06-22T08:36:53+00:00

A while ago, I worked with another company and I was invited to a Team on their tenant as a guest. Their tenant got added to the Organizations drop-down and I could switch over to view that Team.

That company then went out of business more than a year ago, but I still see it in my list of Organizations. I tried to tidy up my orgs list by leaving, but it prompts me to login to that tenant and then tells me that my account is locked. I can't get the account unlocked because the company is no longer operating. Is there a way to remove myself when I can't login? Or just hide the org from the list?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-04T22:42:22+00:00

    This is absolutely absurd.

    Microsoft doesn't listen to anybody, or fix glaring issues in the software. The voting system is useless, nothing ever gets done.

    Unless they really screwed up something, it would probably take 10 minutes for a developer to fix this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-13T16:37:32+00:00

    Wow. Still not fixed. I can't leave an org I joined for a class....forever? I can never remove them if I can't contact the administrator? EVER? I can switch off the org selector entirely or go kick rocks?

    Thanks M$!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-25T17:02:29+00:00

    I have the same issue here, cannot remove an organization from my account I am no longer part of. Please fix this Microsoft!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-15T17:48:45+00:00

    Same here. Stupid...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-24T23:19:27+00:00

    Thank you Suganya! I was having the same issue as the others who replied here, but after following your instructions in the Settings, I was able to remove the Organization from my list and the alert triangle is Gone from my main TEAMS Header. I can still see the Organization if I go back to Settings-Accounts and orgs.. but that's OK.. It doesn't alert me to an issue anymore which is what I needed.

    Thanks again! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments