Can't leave an org because my account is locked

Anonymous
2023-06-22T08:36:53+00:00

A while ago, I worked with another company and I was invited to a Team on their tenant as a guest. Their tenant got added to the Organizations drop-down and I could switch over to view that Team.

That company then went out of business more than a year ago, but I still see it in my list of Organizations. I tried to tidy up my orgs list by leaving, but it prompts me to login to that tenant and then tells me that my account is locked. I can't get the account unlocked because the company is no longer operating. Is there a way to remove myself when I can't login? Or just hide the org from the list?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-13T13:44:34+00:00

    Yes, it is a major flaw in Microsoft's account management software.

    At least I could avoid showing these accounts (that always are reported with problems) in MS Teams by selecting the option in the App settings. However, the problem is still there, they are accounts from organizations I no longer work for, I have been unable to eliminate them and although a lot of users have reported this, Microsoft has not provided a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T19:04:10+00:00

    This did not work for me as my toggle to turn off the organization is greyed out and doesn't allow to toggle. super frustrating

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-18T10:16:30+00:00

    that button there is inactive for me. :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-11T19:43:17+00:00

    Same issue here, and simply hiding the org switcher is a hack workaround...what if I belong to multiple orgs? I should be able to leave an org that I am no longer a part of, without having to authenticate with that org!!

    MS, Please fix this bug!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-04T08:50:17+00:00

    I have the same problem and turning off notifications in teams is not good enough. I want to completely remove the organisation in my account. Silly not being able to do this and have to contact a defunct company's admin? Forced to see this forever now?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments