Can't leave an org because my account is locked

Anonymous
2023-06-22T08:36:53+00:00

A while ago, I worked with another company and I was invited to a Team on their tenant as a guest. Their tenant got added to the Organizations drop-down and I could switch over to view that Team.

That company then went out of business more than a year ago, but I still see it in my list of Organizations. I tried to tidy up my orgs list by leaving, but it prompts me to login to that tenant and then tells me that my account is locked. I can't get the account unlocked because the company is no longer operating. Is there a way to remove myself when I can't login? Or just hide the org from the list?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-05T00:22:53+00:00

    This seems like a huge over site from Microsoft,

    A User can't leave a company in their own accord. All it does is clutter Azure with more orgs.

    Even worse if the company goes out of business it's essentially there forever

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-09T08:44:25+00:00

    This issue ought to be a high-priority development request - a user should be able to leave organizations without requiring the intervention of anyone or anything relating to that organization. Seems fairly obvious. I am now stuck with a warning triangle icon next to my profile picture in teams just because someone tried unsuccessfully to add me to their teams set up to share a file. Now I cannot leave because I cannot authenticate to that organisation. I also cannot leave another organization, even though I can authenticate, and there's a green checkmark next to the organisation's name in the profile dropdown in my teams client.

    I tried by going to https://myaccount.microsoft.com/organizations and clicking "leave" next to the organizations in question - but it did not work for either of the two organizations referenced. If there is any other way to do it, or if an admin of my Office 365 realm can do it, please advice.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-18T13:47:07+00:00

    Same problem here. A partner organization locked me out and I can't leave it now. This is ridiculous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-30T01:40:11+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-08T14:28:53+00:00

    I am having this same issue, actually have that org's policies restricting my user.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments