Can't leave an org because my account is locked

Anonymous
2023-06-22T08:36:53+00:00

A while ago, I worked with another company and I was invited to a Team on their tenant as a guest. Their tenant got added to the Organizations drop-down and I could switch over to view that Team.

That company then went out of business more than a year ago, but I still see it in my list of Organizations. I tried to tidy up my orgs list by leaving, but it prompts me to login to that tenant and then tells me that my account is locked. I can't get the account unlocked because the company is no longer operating. Is there a way to remove myself when I can't login? Or just hide the org from the list?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-18T10:10:21+00:00

    Unfortunately, I cannot give you the solution, but I can sadly relate to your issue. MS should put emphasize on this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T13:26:31+00:00

    I can't even switch the tenants off. So, this is worthless and the fact that Microsoft doesn't allow a user to leave is rediculous! What rubbish.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-02T13:51:40+00:00

    This is apparently an ongoing issue and the reference above doesn't seem supported in the newer version of Teams recently deployed. I want to remove an ORG of which I was never an employee or device managed by the at org. I have that annoying triangle and clutter on my UI which is terrible UX. I should have a force remove option available to logout / disassociate from an ORG as the user.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-02T06:44:50+00:00

    Same problem here for years, ridiculous situation

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-08T15:40:36+00:00

    Same problem. Ridiculous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments