How do I get rid of the NEW tag on the MS Teams icon? (OS X / Mac)

Anonymous
2023-10-18T17:05:08+00:00

I've just installed the new "Teams (for school /work)" (which is a really ugly application name, but I digress).

The icon has this big blue "NEW" graphic on it. It did not go away after opening and closing a few times. How do I remove it?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Teams for Mac

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-10-20T10:30:15+00:00

I think the Microsoft software team have now lost it completely. I now have outlook and teams icons in my taskbar, complete with the "new" label written on them, plus my old icons to the older versions. Complete mess.

When will they remove the "new" label? Maybe the next version will have a "newer" label.

Plus the new icon not showing status is a real downgrade.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-10-23T15:23:35+00:00

Select "Microsoft Teams classic.app" in Finder->Get Info, Copy icon.

Select "Microsoft Teams (work or school).app" in Finder->Get Info, Paste icon.

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-28T00:54:13+00:00

    Whoever designed this should be removed. Would have made 500% more sense to have an old label old to incentivize people to move off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-19T09:07:38+00:00

    What would be useful is if like slack it had some decoration to show there were new messages. Having not had an old version of Teams the New bit was completely lost on me. Also having recently changed company and gone from Slack to Teams it is definitely lacking a lot of features.

    Welcome to the Microsoft world!!!

    Every few months you seem to get a "NEW" version of Outlook or Teams. This happens on both Mac and Windows. Each new version is quite different, and either gains or losses a lot of functionality. There is no consistency.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-20T13:19:08+00:00

    Agreed. I'm switching back to the old version Lol

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments