How do I get rid of the NEW tag on the MS Teams icon? (OS X / Mac)

Anonymous
2023-10-18T17:05:08+00:00

I've just installed the new "Teams (for school /work)" (which is a really ugly application name, but I digress).

The icon has this big blue "NEW" graphic on it. It did not go away after opening and closing a few times. How do I remove it?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Teams for Mac

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-10-20T10:30:15+00:00

I think the Microsoft software team have now lost it completely. I now have outlook and teams icons in my taskbar, complete with the "new" label written on them, plus my old icons to the older versions. Complete mess.

When will they remove the "new" label? Maybe the next version will have a "newer" label.

Plus the new icon not showing status is a real downgrade.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-10-23T15:23:35+00:00

Select "Microsoft Teams classic.app" in Finder->Get Info, Copy icon.

Select "Microsoft Teams (work or school).app" in Finder->Get Info, Paste icon.

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-14T21:30:51+00:00

    That worked!!! For clarity: MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1
    Yaaay!!! Thank you!!https://answers-afd.microsoft.com/static/images/image-not-found.jpg

    My solution was:

    • Download this replacement logo: https://imgur.com/pWoIdFN
    • Then in Finder -> Applications, Right click 'Microsoft Teams (work or school)' and select 'Get Info'
    • Drag and drop the new icon image on top of the small icon in the top right.

    To make the replacement logo I did this:

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-22T17:13:53+00:00

    how do we "thumbs up" an answer... I couldn't agree more!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-21T14:41:21+00:00

    Hope the reminder pop ups that it's new stop soon too

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments