Microsoft text suggestions not properly working in Teams

Anonymous
2023-01-27T15:15:22+00:00

Microsoft text suggestions (only in Teams) is not replacing words, it's instead inserting the word I chose right after the few letters I have already typed.

For example, if I'm typing HOWEVER, when I type in the letters HO and then click on the correct suggestion, instead of getting the word HOWEVER like I used to and still do in all other apps, I get HOHOWEVER.

I already checked for updates and signed out of it and back in, and restarted my laptop to no avail.

Uploading screenshots isn't working.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-30T21:36:39+00:00

    I am having the same issue. I disactivated automatic responses and spell check in teams, it did not work. I deleted all the AppData files, reinstalled teams and the same problem persists.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-30T15:31:03+00:00

    Hi Alvaro,

    Thank you for the suggestion. I did try "insert" and "delete" and neither worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-30T11:39:34+00:00

    No it does not work

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-30T11:20:49+00:00

    Hello I have the same problem...

    I’ve been trying to fix this for days too...

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Alvaro A- 1,670 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-01-27T22:34:15+00:00

    Hi,

    I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues when using suggestions. Before we get too technical about your this, can you please press the "insert" button on your keyboard to make sure that it's turned off? Press it once then try suggestions. If it's still the same, press it again then try again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments