Microsoft text suggestions not properly working in Teams

Anonymous
2023-01-27T15:15:22+00:00

Microsoft text suggestions (only in Teams) is not replacing words, it's instead inserting the word I chose right after the few letters I have already typed.

For example, if I'm typing HOWEVER, when I type in the letters HO and then click on the correct suggestion, instead of getting the word HOWEVER like I used to and still do in all other apps, I get HOHOWEVER.

I already checked for updates and signed out of it and back in, and restarted my laptop to no avail.

Uploading screenshots isn't working.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-25T00:53:20+00:00

    work around -- not idea but it does work ...

    • Workaround that works for me it's to press Ctrl + Shift + Arrow Left (to select typed part) and only after that select suggestion

    from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/text-prediction-working-incorrectly-in-teams-chat/7865ad31-e00f-4df8-b07d-1cc768f68a6b?page=2

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-26T17:24:43+00:00

    It only took 3 months! I opened this thread on Jan 27, it's ridiculous!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-26T16:47:55+00:00

    Looks like it has been fixed as of today!

    Just happy to be the announcer of good news.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-25T00:46:01+00:00

    yup .. busted for me too .. super annoying .. works fine in this text box but does not work in Teams .. very weird .. please fix. Please fix fast.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-27T16:35:13+00:00

    You may check whether the spellcheck dictionary file gets corrupted of Teams. Refer to the steps below to check this issue:

    • Go to C:\Users<USERPROFILE>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams\dictionaries

    • Delete (.bdic) file that is there.

    • Close Teams (by selecting the task bar icon and Quit)

    • Restart Teams

    After restart Microsoft Teams downloads the updated/latest dictionary file.

    Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/fo...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments