Microsoft text suggestions not properly working in Teams

Anonymous
2023-01-27T15:15:22+00:00

Microsoft text suggestions (only in Teams) is not replacing words, it's instead inserting the word I chose right after the few letters I have already typed.

For example, if I'm typing HOWEVER, when I type in the letters HO and then click on the correct suggestion, instead of getting the word HOWEVER like I used to and still do in all other apps, I get HOHOWEVER.

I already checked for updates and signed out of it and back in, and restarted my laptop to no avail.

Uploading screenshots isn't working.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-23T12:59:11+00:00

    Seeing exactly same behaviour

    I have Microsoft Teams Version 1.6.00.1381

    This was working in the past

    Not sure what version the failure started on

    Is there time scale for fix ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-10T11:37:00+00:00

    Yeah, same here.

    Well seen!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-08T00:21:19+00:00

    True, that's what has been happening. It does remove the last letter you type in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-08T00:10:26+00:00

    Did a bit of testing and I've noticed that it's removing one character from the right of the typed string. I can type "Sch", Up Arrow, Right Arrow, Enter to select "School" and it will delete one character from the right and then fill in the selected suggestion resulting in ScSchool.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-30T11:40:11+00:00

    And this problem only happens on Teams, nothing else.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments