Teams will not join a meeting

Anonymous
2022-11-03T12:24:47+00:00

Starting 2 days ago, on my mobile phone, Teams would join a meeting. The app says I need to allow the Phone permission. I have an Android. When I go to Setting, Applications, Teams and view the permissions for Teams, Phone is allowed. I have uninstalled and installed Teams, reset my phone but Teams does the same thing. I can use chat on my mobile and can join a meeting from my PC. Is there a special way to get this working again?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T22:25:11+00:00

    This has to be a problem with teams and not android, my Android phone has started doing the same thing last week which corresponds to when you started getting it. I saw Microsoft respond back saying they can't give this support, but two independent Android devices having this issue at the exact same time pretty much tells me there was an update that our Android phones do not like. I hope Microsoft looks at this and fixes it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T17:05:29+00:00

    Same issue. Fix it microsoft!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T15:44:27+00:00

    After spending multiple days attempting to resolve this, I found that uninstalling the app and then installing a previous version apk prior to 11/1 worked for me.
    Similar to this thread: Problems Joining meetings, keeps asking for phone permission on android tablet - Microsoft Community Hub

    There was also a suggestion to leave the beta version and wait for two hours before re-installing from the Google Play store that seemed to work for others. I did not try that option myself.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T15:36:54+00:00

    call Microsoft at (800) 865-9408 or admin.teams.microsoft.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more