Teams will not join a meeting

Anonymous
2022-11-03T12:24:47+00:00

Starting 2 days ago, on my mobile phone, Teams would join a meeting. The app says I need to allow the Phone permission. I have an Android. When I go to Setting, Applications, Teams and view the permissions for Teams, Phone is allowed. I have uninstalled and installed Teams, reset my phone but Teams does the same thing. I can use chat on my mobile and can join a meeting from my PC. Is there a special way to get this working again?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T16:06:31+00:00

    Uninstalling and downgrading to an older version is the only thing that worked for me. Version 1416/1.0.0.2022412701 is the broken one (beta?) we are having issues with. The most recent version before the broken one that I could find is version 1416/1.0.0.2022395202 on apkmirror.com which seems to be late October 2022. Most smartphones will need the arm64-v8a version, but it depends on your architecture/device. This is the unfortunate part where you have to learn more to be able to downgrade.

    installing 1416/1.0.0.2022395202 works great. Disappointed that Microsoft is taking so long for a fix to 1416/1.0.0.2022412701.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T16:01:21+00:00

    Hello All:

    So, this is what I did based on a suggestion by a prior user. I have a oneplus8T device which was having the issue reported and was not solved using any number of methods all suggested and generally performed such as install/ uninstall/reinstall etc.

    This is what solved it:

    1. Uninstall the teams app
    2. use apkpure to download the prior build from september 2022 and installed it.
    3. launched teams.
    4. did a test call. (worked just fine)
    5. Removed APKPure from my phone just to be safe.

    Everything worked just fine. I looked at some threads which said APKPure may not be safe, but some said it's safe. I had to get his working, so, I went ahead with it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T15:50:55+00:00

    Hi Abe, thank you. How did you go about installing the prior version? I am trying apkpure as suggested by another user, as a quick test. any guidance will be helpful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T06:42:26+00:00

    Same problem here, on an Android 12 (Pocofone X3). Lost 2h trying to debug this, to no avail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-11-04T16:34:30+00:00

    Seems like we have the same situation. I'm actively awaiting a fix, as I'm certain everyone is. Having to use a backup phone is causing a lot of hassles and breaking internal communication. Pretty frustrating for sure.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments