Displaying your screen content to others during a Teams meeting or call for collaboration
After raising a support ticket with Microsoft, I was told the following.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm writing to report an issue with screen sharing in Microsoft Teams after updating Microsoft Edge to version 131.0.2903.48 (Official build) (64-bit) this morning (18/11/2024).
The Problem:
When attempting to share my screen in Microsoft Teams through the Edge browser, I can only share the browser window itself. Sharing the entire screen or specific applications is not possible.
Additionally, clicking "Share Screen" causes my camera to turn off with an error message stating "Your video isn't working. We couldn't access your camera."
This issue occurs in both the Microsoft Teams web app within Edge and the standalone Teams desktop application (if available on your platform).
Troubleshooting Attempts:
I have verified that screen sharing works flawlessly in Google Chrome on the same system.
A colleague using Ubuntu 24.04 is experiencing the same problem, suggesting the issue is not specific to Ubuntu 22.04.
Possible Cause:
This issue may be related to the recent Edge update or potential compatibility issues with Ubuntu.
Request:
I would appreciate it if you could investigate this issue and provide a possible solution or workaround. Additionally, please consider escalating this issue to the appropriate team if necessary.
Displaying your screen content to others during a Teams meeting or call for collaboration
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Having the same problem with Edge browser version Version 131.0.2903.51 (Official build) (64-bit)
on Ubuntu 22.04.5 LTS
I have the same problem with the latest Edge Release Version 131.0.2903.51 (Official build) (64-bit)
Running:
Ubuntu 24.04.1 LTS on X11
Works fine on Firefox!
Same problem here!
Microsoft should create a Linux version of MS Teams like before we had it, and not an extra extension of MS Edge browser for it.
BTW, I just downgraded MS Edge, but haven't had the chance to test it yet.
Thanks a lot for the support!
I'm having the exact same issue here on Arch (Kernel 6.11.9-zen1-1, KDE Plasma 6.2.3 X11 not Wayland) since updating to Microsoft Edge 132.0.2945.0, downgrading works but I don't want to downgrade.
Microsoft devs, please take a look at the issue :)