Mycrosoft Teams stop sharing screen in new version of Edge browser on Linux

Anonymous
2024-11-18T12:46:59+00:00

I'm writing to report an issue with screen sharing in Microsoft Teams after updating Microsoft Edge to version 131.0.2903.48 (Official build) (64-bit) this morning (18/11/2024).

The Problem:

When attempting to share my screen in Microsoft Teams through the Edge browser, I can only share the browser window itself. Sharing the entire screen or specific applications is not possible.

Additionally, clicking "Share Screen" causes my camera to turn off with an error message stating "Your video isn't working. We couldn't access your camera."

This issue occurs in both the Microsoft Teams web app within Edge and the standalone Teams desktop application (if available on your platform).

Troubleshooting Attempts:

I have verified that screen sharing works flawlessly in Google Chrome on the same system.

A colleague using Ubuntu 24.04 is experiencing the same problem, suggesting the issue is not specific to Ubuntu 22.04.

Possible Cause:

This issue may be related to the recent Edge update or potential compatibility issues with Ubuntu.

Request:

I would appreciate it if you could investigate this issue and provide a possible solution or workaround. Additionally, please consider escalating this issue to the appropriate team if necessary.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Screen sharing

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-12-04T09:23:25+00:00

After raising a support ticket with Microsoft, I was told the following.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-03T14:12:41+00:00

    Thanks, but we don't want to downgrade our fleet. We will use chrome until MS fixes the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-02T16:02:47+00:00

    I am having the same issue with Ubuntu 22.04 and edge browser, works fine in Chrome. I have approximately 1300 users impacted by this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-20T05:25:52+00:00

    I'm experiencing the same issue on Neon Linux 6.2. I will try the downgrading solution recommended by Stefan.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-19T00:42:25+00:00

    Same here: Ubuntu 24.04, X11. After today's Edge update, screen sharing has stopped working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments