Mycrosoft Teams stop sharing screen in new version of Edge browser on Linux

Anonymous
2024-11-18T12:46:59+00:00

I'm writing to report an issue with screen sharing in Microsoft Teams after updating Microsoft Edge to version 131.0.2903.48 (Official build) (64-bit) this morning (18/11/2024).

The Problem:

When attempting to share my screen in Microsoft Teams through the Edge browser, I can only share the browser window itself. Sharing the entire screen or specific applications is not possible.

Additionally, clicking "Share Screen" causes my camera to turn off with an error message stating "Your video isn't working. We couldn't access your camera."

This issue occurs in both the Microsoft Teams web app within Edge and the standalone Teams desktop application (if available on your platform).

Troubleshooting Attempts:

I have verified that screen sharing works flawlessly in Google Chrome on the same system.

A colleague using Ubuntu 24.04 is experiencing the same problem, suggesting the issue is not specific to Ubuntu 22.04.

Possible Cause:

This issue may be related to the recent Edge update or potential compatibility issues with Ubuntu.

Request:

I would appreciate it if you could investigate this issue and provide a possible solution or workaround. Additionally, please consider escalating this issue to the appropriate team if necessary.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Screen sharing

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-12-04T09:23:25+00:00

After raising a support ticket with Microsoft, I was told the following.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-26T03:28:54+00:00

    The same happened to me (Ubuntu on X11). This is not limited to MS Teams; the "Entire Screen Share" function is broken with the new update. Why can't Microsoft test this product properly?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-25T13:38:52+00:00

    Same Problem here with "Microsoft Edge for Business Version 131.0.2903.51 (Offizielles Build) (64-Bit)" on linux.

    Kinda strange using a microsoft product with another microsoft product, paying for it but still encountering bugs like this...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-22T09:36:53+00:00

    I confirm also on arch the new release does not solve the issue.

    I am just using Firefox for the time being and probably stick to it since it seems to be working just fine

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-21T22:42:59+00:00

    For those running edge in flatpak, this will revert to the last version that works:

    flatpak update --commit=4755afeac44fdcb2674aa464a418e7fddc9db5db94dbbb0400
    06d9057321880a com.microsoft.Edge

    Same issue as others reported. Attempting to share the screen makes camera turn off and fails to share.

    oddly on my dell the camera light also just flashed in meetings for no reason I could find.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments