Can the menu bar be moved during a teams call?

Anonymous
2023-06-02T01:18:32+00:00

I want to know if I can move the menu bar from the top of the teams window to the bottom? I have my camera at the top of my screen, and want faces to be as close to the top as possible so I am almost looking into the camera lens. Is this possible? Couldn't find way to adjust in settings.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-29T18:08:54+00:00

    @Microsoft I think it's about time you guys get this bar out of our view during calls. It sounds like a small deal but it works against the overall Teams efficiency (pun intended).

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-12T16:12:40+00:00

    1 year later, please put some resource into this. 80% of my colleagues including myself have this issue on a daily base. Is absurd how annoying this is. I can put it in top of the list. Feature wise I think is good enough for now, just please make that thing move!

    How to get rid of Teams sharing menu bar: When the menu bar displays while sharing in Teams, click somewhere in that menu bar, then press Ctrl W and the bar should disappear.

    Someone else posted this answer, yet unfortunately I cannot find the direct link.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-12T15:25:02+00:00

    This is incredibly frustrating. When presenting you cannot select your open windows. A very horrible design.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-20T17:53:07+00:00

    Hello Luke, this is Emily.

    I'm sorry, but it is not currently possible to move the menu bar from the top of the Teams window to the bottom. The menu bar is a fixed element of the Teams interface and cannot be customized or moved. I will suggest that you use the feedback feature to submit this as a feedback. Click on the Help button on the lower left in Teams, then click on Give Feedback.

    This is flat-out a miss. The bar should be able to be moved. It blocks tabs that you are trying to navigate to during a screen share.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-18T10:16:38+00:00

    Hi Emily

    On the subject of the Teams Whiteboard toolbar, within Templates, the ability to save and share templates seems to have disappeared along with the folder 'my templates'? Do you happen to know if it's still possible to save, reuse and share templates with the updated whiteboard?

    Thanks for any help that you can offer - David

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments