Can the menu bar be moved during a teams call?

Anonymous
2023-06-02T01:18:32+00:00

I want to know if I can move the menu bar from the top of the teams window to the bottom? I have my camera at the top of my screen, and want faces to be as close to the top as possible so I am almost looking into the camera lens. Is this possible? Couldn't find way to adjust in settings.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-05T19:42:03+00:00

    Honestly, this is silly. The menu bar interferes with my ability to properly host meetings. It interrupts the flow when I have to pause and "hold on, I can't grab that tab the menu keeps popping up". At least fit it so we can move the silly thing to a different area of the screen (a different monitor would be better - you know, like Slack allows).

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-23T20:10:35+00:00

    The menu bar in the new Team is very annoying. It block & overlaps with the remote desktop header during screen sharing sessions, making it impossible to access another application during it present. I have to wait until it fading out to access another application.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-22T09:08:48+00:00

    1 year later, please put some resource into this. 80% of my colleagues including myself have this issue on a daily base. Is absurd how annoying this is. I can put it in top of the list. Feature wise I think is good enough for now, just please make that thing move!

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-14T15:44:42+00:00

    Just piling on to how utterly stupid this design decision is. Not being able to move the control bar and blocking the browser tabs makes Teams my least favorite application to use, as if it wasn't already a P.O.S.

    Add this to the short list of mind-numbingly stupid decisions on the part of Microsoft's design team - right next to not being able to sort the list of Teams Channels alphabetically. It's as if no one at Microsoft actually uses Teams. They just push out **** and don't care whatsoever about the actual user experience.

    How hard is it to develop a messaging app that actually works?

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-01T15:05:47+00:00

    If there was ever a design flaw not picked up with user testing, this is it. What a **** design.

    Now when sharing in teams, since we use Web based sharepoint, I've taken to opening a couple of surplus tabs so that I can navigate to the tabs that I want either side of the share navigation box.

    Come on Microsoft. give us the option to relocate it or put it to the side either left or right.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments