Keyboard Back and Forward Arrow Keys Not Working in Chat

Anonymous
2021-11-18T19:29:31+00:00

When I am typing in the message/chat window and I want to go back using the arrow keys on my keyboard it doesn't work. The cursor doesn't move at all. I have to use the mouse to move the cursor. I am running Teams on Windows 11 22000.318, Teams version 1.4.00.29469 (64-bit).

On a side note, I have also noticed that typing the three ` no longer puts me into Code Snippet mode.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-05-13T16:34:38+00:00

    Since a month or two, I also can't make bulleted lists anymore in a Teams message. The first bullet is fine, but if I press Shift+Enter, the next line doesn't have a new bullet, and if I press Enter, it sends the message. No way to start a second bullet!

    You need to put your text field into edit mode, and then you can hit enter to get more bullets (or numbers, etc.). To do that you can either do the keyboard cntl+shift+x or click the A/pencil icon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-03-24T10:26:29+00:00

    Best workaround, check “Disable GPU hardware acceleration (requires restarting Teams)” in Teams Settings/General and then restart your Teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-03-18T10:36:08+00:00

    Another "improvement" courtesy of Microsoft 🙄

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-03-18T10:26:15+00:00

    On the side note, I find that one has to type three backticks followed by a space, to get into code mode

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-02-24T15:39:44+00:00

    Same here. This has been going on for a few months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments