Microsoft Teams Says There's No Connection - There Is

Anonymous
2020-04-14T15:41:31+00:00

I have an internet connection on my laptop. I can access my email, web pages, and this site.

However, when I click on Microsoft Teams it says "We couldn't connect to the internet. Try checking your connect."

There is also an error message: 

"desktop-0d71a186-8118-4720-b394-b0098d0c8298

Error code - online_check_failed exceeded retry attempts

Failed to connect to settings endpoint."

I have tried troubleshooting and added Teams to my firewall (per other directions). When I first installed it, it did ask for my logon. I had to get a new one from my office. Now I cannot get back to that page at all.

Any suggestions for getting Teams to start when I clearly have internet access.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-29T18:21:32+00:00

    This has happened to me a number of times.  It seems every time I get a Visual Studio 2019 update I lose connectivity to MS Teams.  Various forums have not yielded much answers until I found the solution!!!!

    It seems if you are connected to a corporate network (i.e. vpn, etc) Teams can't connect.

    The solution is to connect to a non vpn network (i.e. home, coffee shop, tether to your mobile, etc), then start Teams.

    Once you do that, you should be able to reconnect to your company's network again.

    Microsoft FIX your product!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-06T21:21:01+00:00

    Try closing all teams, and then going into task manager and closing all teams tasks. then restart teams, that worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-27T16:19:48+00:00

    microsoft teams says the no internet connection, but i have a internet connection, why?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-01T12:44:02+00:00

    I have changed my Microsoft account's password in the browser and the change was not replicated in Teams.

    Therefore, I have followed more or less your steps and it worked nicely: logged out from Teams and signed in once again.

    Teams should be able to give the user a feedback. It kept on trying to "Load new messages" without any success. Reopening the app several times was not enough.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-11T21:32:53+00:00

    Hi George,

    Thanks for the above link to Teams online,. I can get to Teams online but my app is still saying No internet. Emergency calls are not supported. Reconnect to keep the conversation going.

    Do you know how to fix the app as this is how our entire workplace calls us and the calls can't get through.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments