Microsoft Teams Says There's No Connection - There Is

Anonymous
2020-04-14T15:41:31+00:00

I have an internet connection on my laptop. I can access my email, web pages, and this site.

However, when I click on Microsoft Teams it says "We couldn't connect to the internet. Try checking your connect."

There is also an error message: 

"desktop-0d71a186-8118-4720-b394-b0098d0c8298

Error code - online_check_failed exceeded retry attempts

Failed to connect to settings endpoint."

I have tried troubleshooting and added Teams to my firewall (per other directions). When I first installed it, it did ask for my logon. I had to get a new one from my office. Now I cannot get back to that page at all.

Any suggestions for getting Teams to start when I clearly have internet access.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-13T05:11:00+00:00

    I have an internet connection on my laptop. I can access my email, web pages, and this site.

    However, when I click on Microsoft Teams it says "We couldn't connect to the internet. Try checking your connect."

    There is also an error message: 

    "desktop-0d71a186-8118-4720-b394-b0098d0c8298

    Error code - online_check_failed exceeded retry attempts

    Failed to connect to settings endpoint."

    I have tried troubleshooting and added Teams to my firewall (per other directions). When I first installed it, it did ask for my logon. I had to get a new one from my office. Now I cannot get back to that page at all.

    Any suggestions for getting Teams to start when I clearly have internet access.

    I have been experiencing the same problem for as long as I have been using MS Teams for our classes, indeed since the summer. I have read and tested all the solutions suggested here but I assume none worked for me instantly. Although the problem is solved for some unknown reasons after some time, I was not sure about which solution worked for me since the same problem repeats whenever I shut down my Mac running Mac OS Catalina and restart it. 

    However it might sound funny, but when I keep my Mac awake (I am using caffeine not to sleep my Mac) for a night, I noticed that MS Teams is somehow connecting to the Internet and the app runs properly. As said before, none of the solutions suggested above worked for me instanly, but keeping my Mac awake for say 4 hours or the night helped me with my reconnection issue. Afterwards, even if the computer screen is turned off, but if it is now shut down, MS Teams app still keeps running. If the app is in conflict with another app, it stops this conflict after some hours based on my assumption or something else.

    Anyways, hope this helps with someone else as it did to me. Now, I am upgrading my Mac to Big Sur, hope I will not have this problem any longer since it is nerve-racking. Nonetheless, I think this is a shame for Microsoft, and hope they are going to fix this problem soon!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-22T15:38:34+00:00

    Thank you for your reply.  However, we have over 250 users that are experiencing this issue and having them go into task manager in the middle of a meeting is not really a viable solution at this time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-22T15:29:08+00:00

    It's not enough to close Microsoft Teams, as it is still running in the background.  I resolved this issue by doing a *hard kill* on the Teams process in Task Manager:

    -Ethan

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-17T03:25:42+00:00

    Same problem. Not able to fix it

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-25T13:22:53+00:00

    I tried that and this:

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/microsoft-teams-couldnt-connect-to-the-internet/7fd040c6-6ec2-4dc7-9c93-4e103b57fbf6

    Problem persists. I use a 2 year old Lenovo yoga on Windows 10.

    Teams worked the first few times I logged in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments