Microsoft Teams Says There's No Connection - There Is

Anonymous
2020-04-14T15:41:31+00:00

I have an internet connection on my laptop. I can access my email, web pages, and this site.

However, when I click on Microsoft Teams it says "We couldn't connect to the internet. Try checking your connect."

There is also an error message: 

"desktop-0d71a186-8118-4720-b394-b0098d0c8298

Error code - online_check_failed exceeded retry attempts

Failed to connect to settings endpoint."

I have tried troubleshooting and added Teams to my firewall (per other directions). When I first installed it, it did ask for my logon. I had to get a new one from my office. Now I cannot get back to that page at all.

Any suggestions for getting Teams to start when I clearly have internet access.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-27T11:07:40+00:00

    I am connected in my internet but it say's that I'm not connected in the internet so pls help me ASAP

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-27T22:41:10+00:00

    I have an internet connection on my laptop. I can access my email, web pages, and this site.

    However, when I click on Microsoft Teams it says "We couldn't connect to the internet. Try checking your connect."

    There is also an error message: 

    "desktop-0d71a186-8118-4720-b394-b0098d0c8298

    Error code - online_check_failed exceeded retry attempts

    Failed to connect to settings endpoint."

    I have tried troubleshooting and added Teams to my firewall (per other directions). When I first installed it, it did ask for my logon. I had to get a new one from my office. Now I cannot get back to that page at all.

    Any suggestions for getting Teams to start when I clearly have internet access.

    hi

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-27T22:36:28+00:00

    I have the same issue since yesterday on Windows 10.  Tried everything everyone else suggested and nothing works.  No, I can't even access the online portal.  Edge, Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Brave, all browsers are unable to access the web portal.  

    I have had nothing but problems with Teams since we installed it a few months back.  It is obviously a flawed product but my boss always tells me that he expects me to have it running correctly.  He never has problems so it must be me, NOT!

    I know that this will fall on deaf ears but PLEASE!  MICROSOFT!  FIX THIS PRODUCT!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-23T18:23:19+00:00

    I'm a Macbook Pro user and recently our entire company was migrated to Microsoft Teams. I've been using the desktop app version and continuously run into the issue of "No internet. Reconnect to keep the conversation going." I've troubleshooted using all the suggestions in previous posts and nothing really seems to work. Randomly the app will just appear to start working again.

    Using the web version isn't much of a solution, as it does not consist of the same features and full settings the desktop version does. The frustrating thing about when the desktop app begins to work again is that it resets/reverts everything back to the default settings. 

    I clearly have internet access, so why does this keep happening?! I'll be in the middle of a meeting and Teams shuts down on me. Please fix the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more