Can't link existing plan in Planner to Teams

Anonymous
2019-03-22T16:16:31+00:00

My team at work has a plan that was created in Planner.  We now want to also start using Teams, but we are unable to link the existing plan to Teams.  When we try to add a Planner tab to a channel, we get the option to "Use an existing plan from this team" or create a new plan, but there's no option to link to an already existing plan in Planner.  Does anyone know how to do this, or can you only link to plans that were created in Teams?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-21T18:09:35+00:00

    I believe I have the same problem.

    I get the the result below when I try to add an existing plan as a tab on a Team.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-23T02:12:04+00:00

    Yes, it is possible. Please see attached image. 

    The connector is the Active Directory group that BOTH the Planner Plan and the MS Teams Team belong to. They should belong to the same AD Group and you are set. Please see attached image. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-06-01T07:14:39+00:00

    Could something like this be done as a workaround?

    https://laurakokkarinen.com/cloning-teams-and-configuring-tabs-via-microsoft-graph-cloning-a-team/

    I'm not familiar with Graph, but maybe it could solve also this Planner issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-29T20:23:46+00:00

    Thank you Andy.   I will keep that in mind...  Ended up recreating the Planner in Teams...  Have a great day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-06-26T17:02:42+00:00

    Hi GlennSW507,

    Since the similar issue could be caused by different reasons, it is suggested to create a new thread in our forum for a better assistance. Our related engineers will help with your issue.

    Thank you for your understanding. 

    Regards,

    Carlos

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments