Can't link existing plan in Planner to Teams

Anonymous
2019-03-22T16:16:31+00:00

My team at work has a plan that was created in Planner.  We now want to also start using Teams, but we are unable to link the existing plan to Teams.  When we try to add a Planner tab to a channel, we get the option to "Use an existing plan from this team" or create a new plan, but there's no option to link to an already existing plan in Planner.  Does anyone know how to do this, or can you only link to plans that were created in Teams?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-23T15:04:49+00:00

    Yes, it is possible. Please see attached image. 

    The connector is the Active Directory group that BOTH the Planner Plan and the MS Teams Team belong to. They should belong to the same AD Group and you are set. Please see attached image. 

    This was not always working but glad it finally does. I was able to select my planner from the existing plan.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-17T23:55:53+00:00

    Hi DSlemon,

    I have the same issue. I am trying to use the web app to solve the problem, but it still does not populate. When you say you posted the URL for the web version, where did you post that into to get it to add to the menu ribbon? Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-22T16:00:47+00:00

    I am having the same issue.  Created a new Plan in Planner and a new team in Teams, but have not been able to link them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-03T14:51:57+00:00

    It's April 2020... I'm still having the same problem that others on this thread have been having. I can't create a new Tab in Teams with my plan that I created in Planner. My plan isn't already connected to a Team, it was original, and apparently will have to stay just in Planner until O365 fixes this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-01-31T12:04:24+00:00

    Same problem - Any update ? We are in process to migrate our users to E3 license to link every program. Have we wait to see if finally works or not? Thx. 

     MS don’t seem interested, after reviewing what works and what doesn’t i went for Zoho Project and dumped Planner as its too risky to lose all our ‘plans’ - planner nit backed up. We also looked at Project-3 but its very expensive for very little so went for Zoho Projects that gives Planner and Project functionality a lot cheaper and a lot more useful ie: Teams integrations, secure back ups etc. Interestingly i found Zoho through Teams App as it works with it so well.

    sorry MS - when you have a secure cost effective solution I’ll come back as really want everything under one roof - but you dont have that at moment.

    Thx, I'll try Zoho Projects :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments