why is Teams so slow and unresponsive when with more then 10 people in the call

Anonymous
2020-04-16T19:04:14+00:00

Do other people have this also that Teams get so laggy and unresponsive when you are with many people in the meeting.

What will happen for example is that it takes very long that the bar appear where you can unmute your mic and leave the meeting or open the chat on the right.

Would like to hear if i am the only or its my Surface Pro 3 that is getting to old.

Surface Pro 3 is with 8 GB mem and a Core I7 and 512 gb ssd.

And does the Teams product team about this problem?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-11T19:14:13+00:00

    I'm experiencing the same issue, very sluggish, green screen... audio is the only thing going well. I think it's related to the windows 10 version (1604), will try updating mine to 2004.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-15T11:30:08+00:00

    Same Issue here is experienced by multiple users.

    When Sharing a screen or with video with multiple users Teams gets real slow. Please fix this

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-11T19:21:27+00:00

    I hate to tell you, but 2004 is no better.. I have it.

    Only thing that helps is when everyone turns their video off and goes audio-only... and stops sharing their screen.. so basically a phone call, Lol.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-03T02:13:00+00:00

    @windows10insiderag,

    Please don't make the assumption that we don't know how to troubleshot some of these basic issues.  While this issue has gotten better over the past year, there remain issues.  I have used 3 different cameras.  My home wifi is over 350 mb/sec and am sitting 2 feet away from the WAP.  I am both on and off of VPN's.  While at home I have no control of Verizon's infrastructure.

    Our early research found that the biggest issue was that Teams did not play nice with the Microsoft Surface machines.  I have  Surface Book 2 and that was a particularly notorious problem.  We were experiencing lag over 30 seconds long when sharing a screen.

    Thankfully we have not experienced this level of difficulty recently but there are still issues and these should not be pushed back onto us as users.  We do understand that this platform is developing rapidly and it should also be understood that this is the venue to let Microsoft know the issues their users are seeing.

    Carl

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-17T10:00:00+00:00

    I switched to the "new meeting experience" and have much better performance now in nearly all conferences. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-blog/new-meeting-and-calling-experience-in-microsoft-teams/ba-p/1537581

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments