pop up box interrupts with "Are you still there?"

Anonymous
2020-03-30T12:50:53+00:00

I have more than one TEAMS tab open at a time, and other tabs as well.  I will switch back and forth between tabs.  Sometimes, when I switch back to a TEAMS tab, even if I've only been off that particular tab for a few minutes, a box pops up saying "Are you still there?" and there is a button saying "I'm Back".  This is the only option to make the box go away.  Once I click on the button, the whole TEAMS site resets, and interrupts what I was working on.  I am having a hard enough time trying to figure out TEAMS, without having the program purposely set me back like this.  I want to pull my hair out.  How can I stop it from popping up like this?  Is there a setting somewhere that I can change?  

Thank you

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-17T01:14:58+00:00

    MS - This is a known & continual issue, and shows that Teams is poorly designed & not working for users as it should. After less than TWO minutes I see this stupid popup insert window asking me "ARE YOU STILL THERE" with a button "I"M BACK" !   Really pathetic. No kidding I'm there, did I log out - NO, did I close the window, NO, did I do anything - NO!

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-08T15:18:36+00:00

    I have the same Issue. Sadly it isn´t possible to open multiple Windows in Teams (for example when you have 3-4 Excel Sheets and you don´t want to switch, because that costs a lot of time in the slow MS Teams Software), so i have to use multiple Browser Tabs .. But then i get every 3 sec. the Message "Are you still there?" 

    That software is used by millions of people, how is such an bug even possible? I found reports over this annoying bug from 2019 ... So it needs 2 years to stop an annoying pop or to implement an multi instance in teams?

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-21T10:12:27+00:00

    I am still having the issue and it's became a problem in my online classes, where I need the questions open on one tab, my work sheet on another and my call on a third. There is still no fix and when I clicked it, it removed me from the call. There has to be some solution to this, it is negatively affecting my studying and perhaps thousands of other students. This must be fixed soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-03-30T16:01:02+00:00

    Other tabs are Microsoft office 365, our district web site (https://www.bridgeportedu.net/), microsoft outlook, Edmodo(https://new.edmodo.com/home), and sometimes my personal yahoo email.

    It didn't do it at first, and there are days where is doesn't happen at all.  Then it will happen 10 times in one hour.  I am using Chrome.  I really don't know enough about computers to know when I'm using a web app.  The TEAMS I am using, I get to by going to our main district web page, then going to office 365, then clicking on TEAMS.  I don't know what a TEAMS desktop client is.

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-03-30T14:55:37+00:00

    Hello rgladych,

    What’s the type of those tabs? I would like to do some tests about this behavior. According to my knowledge, there isn’t any related settings can change it.

    However, if you are using Teams web app, I suggest you try different browsers or download Teams desktop client and see if there is any difference.

    Regards,

    Rick

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments