pop up box interrupts with "Are you still there?"

Anonymous
2020-03-30T12:50:53+00:00

I have more than one TEAMS tab open at a time, and other tabs as well.  I will switch back and forth between tabs.  Sometimes, when I switch back to a TEAMS tab, even if I've only been off that particular tab for a few minutes, a box pops up saying "Are you still there?" and there is a button saying "I'm Back".  This is the only option to make the box go away.  Once I click on the button, the whole TEAMS site resets, and interrupts what I was working on.  I am having a hard enough time trying to figure out TEAMS, without having the program purposely set me back like this.  I want to pull my hair out.  How can I stop it from popping up like this?  Is there a setting somewhere that I can change?  

Thank you

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-20T08:53:10+00:00

    Our team is also affected.

    Let's say we have a planning; someone is screensharing their screen to show the Tasks panel, and that person also has teams meeting opened in another window. This sometimes leads to the "Are you still there" conundrum, which as OP describes leads to either closing the tasks tab or closing the meeting tab.

    We too want to pull our hair out. Please, MS, fix this? Or you secretly want all the devs to go bald in their early thirties?

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-14T10:02:31+00:00

    For me, the issue is not the popup, but it is the fact that it reloads the page (logging you out of calls etc)

    A prompt that when clicked continues with the same page without reload would solve the majority of the issues

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-22T15:35:42+00:00

    We are having the same problem. We use the desktop app and the web app on Chrome simultaneously to:

    • Monitor the chat box more easily
    • Prepare polls in advance in the chat on a web version to share into the meeting at a particular time (much easier than pausing the meeting to type a poll mid-stream - can open multiple browsers and have several polls ready to go)

    Sometimes when we have the web version open, it times out, says "Are you still there" then restarts, wiping out the poll.

    Is there a way to fix this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-06-17T15:57:00+00:00

    I am experiencing the same issue as well in Chrome. When I navigate between tabs, I get a "Are you still there? I'm back" pop up I have to tap in order to view the page again.

    I have the desktop app open and use that the most but then use Chrome to have three other channels open to be able to monitor chat, grab files, update spreadsheets, etc, without losing my spot in the desktop app (it's like having multiple folders open to gather needed incoming files/details). I don't see a way to have multiple channels open at once, so opening in the web is the solution.

    But that pop up happening in Chrome (preferred browser) is driving me crazy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-02T21:01:58+00:00

    I have started using the app, and therefore don't have multiple tabs open.  It does not interrupt with the app.  However, you can't have multiple apps of TEAMS open at the same time, so it kind of defeats the purpose.  I am still waiting to hear back from someone to see if there is a setting I can change somewhere.  That was my original question, and I am hoping that is an option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments