pop up box interrupts with "Are you still there?"

Anonymous
2020-03-30T12:50:53+00:00

I have more than one TEAMS tab open at a time, and other tabs as well.  I will switch back and forth between tabs.  Sometimes, when I switch back to a TEAMS tab, even if I've only been off that particular tab for a few minutes, a box pops up saying "Are you still there?" and there is a button saying "I'm Back".  This is the only option to make the box go away.  Once I click on the button, the whole TEAMS site resets, and interrupts what I was working on.  I am having a hard enough time trying to figure out TEAMS, without having the program purposely set me back like this.  I want to pull my hair out.  How can I stop it from popping up like this?  Is there a setting somewhere that I can change?  

Thank you

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-03T19:00:12+00:00

    Still an ongoing problem. I've been using Teams exclusively in a browser for months of 2021.

    Today I was in a TEAMS meeting. The Are you still there pop up box shows up. The thing is, I'm still connected to audio, discussing topics with other attendees. I click I'm back, only to have the tab re-load. I'm kicked out of the meeting and it reloads to the MS Teams Chat interface. Useless. Now I go back to the calendar & relaunch the meeting..wait...wait.. click click... re-join. *sigh*

    As others stated, this behavior is different than previous months.

    This is not what we signed up for. Fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-11T16:46:17+00:00

    Katherine, 

    (I am not Microsoft) but have the same issue as you. The issue shows up when you have 3 or more browser tabs using MSTeams. The fact that the MS Teams desktop app now allows the conference call to be a separate window has reduced the need for me to use more than 2 tabs. If you really need to have more than 2 MS teams browser tabs open, I suggest you to use 2 separate browsers.

    Hope this helps. 

    Carlos

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-07T14:21:46+00:00

    I have this as well, with Edge Chromium. I was setting up various Team Channels as Progressive Web Apps, but every time I switch from one to another I get this pop-up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-10T21:54:15+00:00

    Hopefully Microsoft can fix the issue here given that it has been happening for over half a year.  It is hugely beneficial for me to have 3 teams tabs open with separate spreadsheets in and the current bug with the "are you still there" prompts makes it unworkable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-14T13:03:34+00:00

    Rick ?  Anything ?  In a twist on George Costanza, "It's not me, it's you."  :) -- Just hoping a team at Microsoft is working on it...  Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments