Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Please just remove the "are you still there" popup. It serves absolutely no purpose other to annoy people.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have more than one TEAMS tab open at a time, and other tabs as well. I will switch back and forth between tabs. Sometimes, when I switch back to a TEAMS tab, even if I've only been off that particular tab for a few minutes, a box pops up saying "Are you still there?" and there is a button saying "I'm Back". This is the only option to make the box go away. Once I click on the button, the whole TEAMS site resets, and interrupts what I was working on. I am having a hard enough time trying to figure out TEAMS, without having the program purposely set me back like this. I want to pull my hair out. How can I stop it from popping up like this? Is there a setting somewhere that I can change?
Thank you
Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Please just remove the "are you still there" popup. It serves absolutely no purpose other to annoy people.
Rick,
I have the exact same issue. As a project manager I need to be able to display multiple sections of MS Teams during a conference call. Since I am using the MS Teams app already for video conferencing, I decided to open multiple Chrome tabs with different views of MS Teams sections (e.g. files, One Note, Planner). This worked perfectly because I could switch quickly form one tab to another without any impact on the conversation flow. Since about a month or two ago this popup started happening ("Are you Still there?"), no matter if I switch back after a few seconds. I tested Microsoft Edge and same thing happens. The desktop client does not have this issue because you can't have multiple windows at the same time (unless I am missing how to do it).
I can consistently replicate the case if you want to contact me.
Thanks for your help.
Carlos Alfonso
Any update on this Microsoft? This issue affects me EVERY DAY.
And... when you are in a Teams meeting within a tab (and the "I'm back" pop up comes up) it prevents me from accessing the menu icons on the Teams meeting session. I click on "I'm back" and then I lose connectivity to the meeting and then have to rejoin.
PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!
This is the way to consistently replicate this problem:
1. Open 2 browser tabs (no matter what browser)
2. Connect to MS Teams on each tab (no matter what section in MS Teams).
So far so good - you can use them and go back and forth between them with no problem.
3. Add a third browser tab and connect to MS Teams.
The issue comes when you add a third browser tab with MS Teams. You can use the third tab with no problem but as soon as you go to any of the first two tabs you will get the "Are you still there?" popup. It wouldn't matter if you just had to press the button and keep going, but the issue is that it fully refreshes the web page, taking about 10 seconds and losing it's position.
Opening browser windows instead of tabs makes no difference.
Any news? (I tested Firefox, Chrome, and Edge, and it happened on all 3.) I do not recall this occurring a few months ago when my company started using Teams. I can't pinpoint the time, but early May seems about right (I think I saw someone else note that). I brought this up in a Microsoft webinar also. Any fix would be greatly appreciated -- multiple tabs usage (without the "Are you still there...") makes Teams so much easier and more efficient!