Mute/Unmute and leave meeting functions on Plantronics Savi W8220-M (Microsoft Certified) no longer sync with Teams

Anonymous
2020-09-15T20:51:57+00:00

Until 3 or 4 weeks ago, I was able to use and integrate my Plantronics Savi W8220-M headset with MS Teams.  Now, the mute/unmute function on the headset will work but the status on the screen shows it Unmuted.  Conversely, if the on-screen status is Muted, the mute/unmute button on my headset does not work.  In addition, the headset's Call Control button, used to leave or connect to meetings, no longer works.  I purchased this headset because it was compatible with Skype and Teams... but now it is not.  What has changed?  How can this be resolved?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-22T19:11:18+00:00

    SAVI 8220 Mute/Unmute functions on Plantronics Savi W8220-M (Microsoft Certified) no longer sync with Teams. I am unable to MUTE myself during TEAMS calls. This worked fine until a few weeks ago.

    I have tried all of the recommended steps, yet the issue still persists.

    I have resorted to using my WIRED Blackwire C310 headset for now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-16T15:46:24+00:00

    I had the same problem and now it has started again. Using either the Teams app mute or the Savi W8220-M mute button, mutes for 1-2 seconds, then bounces back to unmuted. This does not happen in Webex. Fully powered down computer, headset, headset dock, and re-paired without resolution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-14T23:16:14+00:00

    How did you find the previous vs on their website?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2021-12-08T18:45:02+00:00

    I am experience the same exact issue with Mute button not staying on in Teams. I've tried closing Hub software, I've stopped the Plantronics services in MS Windows Task Manager, nothing helping. Still having the issue. Zoom and Webex meetings seem to work fine.

    This is very disruptive and potentially dangerously embarrassing for headset users. This needs to be resolved by Plantronics ASAP to protect their reputation!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments