Mute/Unmute and leave meeting functions on Plantronics Savi W8220-M (Microsoft Certified) no longer sync with Teams

Anonymous
2020-09-15T20:51:57+00:00

Until 3 or 4 weeks ago, I was able to use and integrate my Plantronics Savi W8220-M headset with MS Teams.  Now, the mute/unmute function on the headset will work but the status on the screen shows it Unmuted.  Conversely, if the on-screen status is Muted, the mute/unmute button on my headset does not work.  In addition, the headset's Call Control button, used to leave or connect to meetings, no longer works.  I purchased this headset because it was compatible with Skype and Teams... but now it is not.  What has changed?  How can this be resolved?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-05T19:36:32+00:00

    I am having the same issue.  I used to be able to use mute/unmute and answer/hang-up from my headset at anytime. 

    Now I can only use my mute controls if I initiate the mute from my headset.  If I mute using the desktop app I can no longer use the unmute on my headset, I have to unmute from the desktop Teams app then I can mute and unmute using the headset again.  Call answer and hang-up don't work at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-24T21:03:18+00:00

    I had the same problem.  I opened Task Manager, found the background process for Skype, stopped it and the problem went away.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-14T17:22:33+00:00

    I've run into the same issue. I'd had a Plantronics Savi headset (not sure which model) and between the time Skype was removed from my PC several months ago until last week, the mute button worked as it is supposed to. Now, I end up double-muted and I have to press a button on the base station after I join a Teams meeting (it used to be automatic).

    I just tried unplugging the base station, waiting a minute, and then plugging it back in. Now it works again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-09T17:34:03+00:00

    SOLVED

    Hi, I wanted to give an update. 

    I'm not sure what changes were made but the controls on my W8220-M headset are again working with Teams. 

    Thank you Microsoft.  Please keep it working.

    David

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-24T18:48:03+00:00

    Experiencing the same with my Plantronics Savi W745. It worked fine a few a weeks ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments