Mute/Unmute and leave meeting functions on Plantronics Savi W8220-M (Microsoft Certified) no longer sync with Teams

Anonymous
2020-09-15T20:51:57+00:00

Until 3 or 4 weeks ago, I was able to use and integrate my Plantronics Savi W8220-M headset with MS Teams.  Now, the mute/unmute function on the headset will work but the status on the screen shows it Unmuted.  Conversely, if the on-screen status is Muted, the mute/unmute button on my headset does not work.  In addition, the headset's Call Control button, used to leave or connect to meetings, no longer works.  I purchased this headset because it was compatible with Skype and Teams... but now it is not.  What has changed?  How can this be resolved?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-08T18:37:05+00:00

    Same issue here with the same hardware/setup as ReHeNi, current Teams version Desktop/Web. Plantronics did not update their driver or firmware recently but Plantronics Hub/Teams versions have recently changed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-07T14:32:34+00:00

    I have the exact same problem and my firmware is up to date.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-11-17T15:32:39+00:00

    Upgrading all of the firmware using the Plantronics HUB seemed to fix the issue after-all. It suddenly started working correctly shortly after (but not immediately after) doing all upgrades suggested in the HUB.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-22T17:12:32+00:00

    I am the OP of this issue and thought I'd post a status update.  

    Since early October 2020, the problem with the mute/unmute function of my Plantronics Savi W8220-M headset went away.  I have no idea what changed, whether it was an update to Teams or Windows or ??? that fixed it.  There were no changes to the Plantronics hardware or drivers, but my headset has been working without issue!  Sorry to hear that this problem persists for others, hope you all find a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-05T21:44:21+00:00

    Seems to come and go for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments