In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF?

Anonymous
2021-06-04T16:12:06+00:00

In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF (in the same way that the Participant list can be displayed/hidden)?

Gallery view is great for a multi-party conversation. But when I'm viewing a presentation and the presenter is doing a screen share, I find little value in watching other attendees drink their coffee, scratch their nose, and generally engage in monkey-grooming behavior as if they were looking in a mirror and not a camera.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-02T19:35:07+00:00

    Today, I no longer have that "Gallery" (from your screenshot) from the elipsis menu choices.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-02T19:11:14+00:00

    not according to my screenshot

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-02T18:18:38+00:00

    Yesterday the "Focus on Content" behaved as expected: the presentation view was maximized to fill the screen, and the gallery was turned off.

    I believe this has been fixed and is being rolled out server-side, as there was no update to my MS Teams app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-02-02T17:35:14+00:00

    I hope the developers reach a solution soon because this has been happening for some time now. Also I noticed how launching teams meeting impact the voice in general and brings it down. Perhaps this is another issue the developers need to fix? Thank you in advance and hoping to see an update soon to the gallery and voice issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-02-02T17:32:17+00:00

    The focus on content is grayed out. the gallery or gallery at the top takes half the screen and no way to uncheck any of them. Whay is the solution to fix this once and for all please? Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments