In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF?

Anonymous
2021-06-04T16:12:06+00:00

In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF (in the same way that the Participant list can be displayed/hidden)?

Gallery view is great for a multi-party conversation. But when I'm viewing a presentation and the presenter is doing a screen share, I find little value in watching other attendees drink their coffee, scratch their nose, and generally engage in monkey-grooming behavior as if they were looking in a mirror and not a camera.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-03T13:51:03+00:00

    LOL - Thank you for reminding me who I am Microsoft! ;-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-18T15:49:59+00:00

    Agree this is new.  Previously unchecking "Gallery" and checking "Focus" resulted in the pictures going away and the presentation enlarging.  Now the pictures are gone, except for my own, and the presentation remains at the reduced size.  I don't know how long this has been--a few weeks?

    I agree. This is happening for me too. I look forward to a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-12T16:56:43+00:00

    Does this mean that every attendee would have to disable the Gallery view, or can the presenter disable the gallery view for all of the attendees?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-11-10T15:29:10+00:00

    Thank you, this worked. Not very intuitive though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more