In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF?

Anonymous
2021-06-04T16:12:06+00:00

In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF (in the same way that the Participant list can be displayed/hidden)?

Gallery view is great for a multi-party conversation. But when I'm viewing a presentation and the presenter is doing a screen share, I find little value in watching other attendees drink their coffee, scratch their nose, and generally engage in monkey-grooming behavior as if they were looking in a mirror and not a camera.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-31T23:26:27+00:00

    Fair enough. My portrait is still there, but at least the gallery banner is gone. I'll take baby steps at this point.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-31T18:00:23+00:00

    Same here - no matter what I do, I still have my picture looking back at me along with the same loss of real-estate (beit at the top, or down the right of the window).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-31T16:53:19+00:00

    My user panel has changed, but the issue remains today. No matter what I try, the card with my name does not disappear.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-31T16:04:56+00:00

    Looks like this is actually fixed in my Teams this morning! Now if we could just get real Full Screen sharing, everything would be great.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-23T18:31:50+00:00

    So far, there is no fix as of yet. I opened a ticket with Microsoft Support, and here is the response that I received, directly from Microsoft:

    "This is a common issue that our developers still need to develop. For now, let's wait for their update."

    Best of luck to all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments