In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF?

Anonymous
2021-06-04T16:12:06+00:00

In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF (in the same way that the Participant list can be displayed/hidden)?

Gallery view is great for a multi-party conversation. But when I'm viewing a presentation and the presenter is doing a screen share, I find little value in watching other attendees drink their coffee, scratch their nose, and generally engage in monkey-grooming behavior as if they were looking in a mirror and not a camera.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-07T09:57:14+00:00

    Now in Focus mode, my picture still remains, so it does not change the shared screen size at all. Seems like a bug recently introduced. How do I remove my picture?

    i just realized it too, did you find out? this is driving me crazy =.=!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-07T23:44:39+00:00

    Yes, I just noticed that since the last update. So in response to constant requests to make it vanish they have made it permanent! Maybe we should all request that they make it permanent and their reverse logic engineers might get it right!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-12T17:14:08+00:00

    When I attempted to uncheck the Gallery, nothing happened. Gallery is non responsive. (check mark is still in place)

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-12T16:38:12+00:00

    I agree this is a a very poor user experience. The interface seems like it was rushed.

    Why can I not see the displayed presentation full screen? Just the content - no "leave bar" and pointless gallery. I know who is there and don't need the face bubbles blinking. Or you could just ghost their name in a corner like they do on Xbox games. it is not hard to think up better ways of doing things on this interface.

    I don't need to see my own picture as the only picture in the gallery in "focus mode"- how useless.

    Hey - why not have a view that only shows what people are trying to see?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-12T04:29:32+00:00

    Believe me Skype was best in it's own way..

    • Just double click on on the screen and it get full screen.
    • Press escape full screen is closed to normal screen.

    Is there any poll going on where we can Devote for Gallery view??

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments