In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF?

Anonymous
2021-06-04T16:12:06+00:00

In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF (in the same way that the Participant list can be displayed/hidden)?

Gallery view is great for a multi-party conversation. But when I'm viewing a presentation and the presenter is doing a screen share, I find little value in watching other attendees drink their coffee, scratch their nose, and generally engage in monkey-grooming behavior as if they were looking in a mirror and not a camera.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-07T17:36:42+00:00

    Same issue here. Gallery stays checked regardless of anything I've tried. I can get rid of other attendees from the gallery but not myself and significant screen real estate is wasted as a result.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-12T14:50:10+00:00

    I'm guessing they made a mistake with their latest release. I believe the intent of the "Focus on content" feature is to embiggen the screen-share and hide the gallery completely. You can see this in the pop-up if you hover on "Focus on content." Instead of hiding the gallery, it hides participant's avatars (or webcam feeds) within the gallery rather than the entire gallery "widget" itself.

    The result of this oversight is nothing changes size-wise when you select "Focus on content." It simply hides the participants. I'm guessing this was a communication failure on their developer team. Clearly the feature as it exists now is basically useless. This update also makes full-size screen sharing impossible—a real problem for many people, particularly developers who pair program and need to see very tiny things as big as possible.

    My assumption is they've already realized this and are working to push it into their next release. Let's hope they see this and shake their heads in mock agreement, knowing it's a problem and they're already on top of it. Maybe.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-10T17:34:39+00:00

    When I want to focus on shared content, I see my own image taking up 20% of the screen.

    Please add more information to the screen that is not related to the shared content, such as conversations, device settings, and the weather forecast, until it is impossible to read the shared content.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-07T15:08:48+00:00

    I am also seeing this problem since last 2 days. The turning off gallery issue was bad enough and it just got worse.

    I want to focus on content full screen, without unnecessarily viewing my own name/video in the gallery.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-07T14:00:24+00:00

    i thought it was my issue. looks like it is some worst update ever.... when i want to focus on content, i would like to see my whole screen, i dont want that gallery blocking my way.

    please give us an option to remove it totally. zoom are much better in this...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments