In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF?

Anonymous
2021-06-04T16:12:06+00:00

In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF (in the same way that the Participant list can be displayed/hidden)?

Gallery view is great for a multi-party conversation. But when I'm viewing a presentation and the presenter is doing a screen share, I find little value in watching other attendees drink their coffee, scratch their nose, and generally engage in monkey-grooming behavior as if they were looking in a mirror and not a camera.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-02T19:26:55+00:00

    Yea, it seems that a change has been made today! Now, the Gallery appears in a little squrre in either the bottom-right corner (or top-right if I select "Gallery at top").

    This is MUCH better than the Gallery taking up about 300 pixels down the entire right side of the Teams Presenter window.

    So...in summary: When I am watching someone present, and have the following settings checked: "Focus on content" & "Full screen", and that maximizes the real estate for the presenter's content (minus the small frame with my face). I still cannot turn Gallery off entirely, which would be my preference, but at lease I got some screen real estate back!

    I don't understand why Mircosoft sees fit to show me my own face in the Gallery. Do they think I need to be reminded of what I look like? As if I don't see myself every moring and night in the mirror as I brush my teeth?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-18T15:51:59+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-13T15:25:11+00:00

    Agree this is new.  Previously unchecking "Gallery" and checking "Focus" resulted in the pictures going away and the presentation enlarging.  Now the pictures are gone, except for my own, and the presentation remains at the reduced size.  I don't know how long this has been--a few weeks?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-12T15:51:34+00:00

    Don’t give them too many ideas, before you know it they’ll start selling advertising space requiring a premium teams subscription to remove!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-04T16:43:13+00:00

    Hello, GRGreene

    I am Igor, an Independent Advisor and I will be glad to help you with this question.]

    By default, the view on a team meeting is grid/gallery view. From your description, I'd like to confirm if you'd like to enable Gallery view in Teams meeting, if so, the answer is Yes, after you turn on New meeting experience in Teams client > Avatar > Settings, you could enable or disable Gallery view manually.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments