Already installed 2021-10 .NET 5.0.11 Security Update for Windows 11 for x64 Client tries and fails

Anonymous
2021-12-09T02:20:22+00:00

I am getting Install Error - 0x80070643 on Windows 11 (22000.348). The update [2021-10 .NET 5.0.11 Security Update for Windows 11 for x64 Client (KB5007051)] is already installed. It downloaded the update successfully this evening. Retry results with the same error.

I tried Trouble shoot > Update wizard. It indicated it corrected an error without any specifics. But it did not resolve the problem.

I encountered the same problem on a Windows 10 computer last month or so. I saw on the forum that it was a Microsoft Update Catalog bug. Recommendation was to be patient at the time. The problem disappeared after few days by itself.

Thanks for any help.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-12-10T15:23:50+00:00

I once saw a posting that indicated that MS has a tool (which can be downloaded) to stop specific updates coming up (again and again). I would appreciate it much if somebody has information about it and can share with us.

The MS tool to disable specific updates goes by the name wushowhide and can be downloaded from here: https://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f22d5fdb-59cd-4275-8c95-1be17bf70b21/wushowhide.diagcab

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-09T20:30:21+00:00

    .Net Framework repair tool and check if that helps.

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

    I tried this but never helped me, you may have better luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-10T11:44:14+00:00

    I uninstalled all but the required SDKs, runtimes for VS 22

    the check for updates still shows the same update(s) available and install fails. It is odd that even after uninstalling 5.0.11 and the 3.1.20 check for updates still shows 2 updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-10T11:40:44+00:00

    same did not resolve the install error

    thanks for pointing the tool out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-10T00:17:10+00:00

     .Net Framework repair tool and check if that helps.

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

    I tried this but never helped me, you may have better luck.

    I tried that but it didn't help.

    I had tried all the trouble shooting recommendations and when they didn't work I got into MS chat. When I told him everything I did, he gave me a link to download the ISO for Windows 11. He said that will fix the problem. It didn't.

    But I'm getting that the consensus is that it is an MS problem. I shall wait...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments