Already installed 2021-10 .NET 5.0.11 Security Update for Windows 11 for x64 Client tries and fails

Anonymous
2021-12-09T02:20:22+00:00

I am getting Install Error - 0x80070643 on Windows 11 (22000.348). The update [2021-10 .NET 5.0.11 Security Update for Windows 11 for x64 Client (KB5007051)] is already installed. It downloaded the update successfully this evening. Retry results with the same error.

I tried Trouble shoot > Update wizard. It indicated it corrected an error without any specifics. But it did not resolve the problem.

I encountered the same problem on a Windows 10 computer last month or so. I saw on the forum that it was a Microsoft Update Catalog bug. Recommendation was to be patient at the time. The problem disappeared after few days by itself.

Thanks for any help.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-12-10T15:23:50+00:00

I once saw a posting that indicated that MS has a tool (which can be downloaded) to stop specific updates coming up (again and again). I would appreciate it much if somebody has information about it and can share with us.

The MS tool to disable specific updates goes by the name wushowhide and can be downloaded from here: https://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f22d5fdb-59cd-4275-8c95-1be17bf70b21/wushowhide.diagcab

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-10T00:47:39+00:00

    I uninstalled the .NET 5.0.11 and that fixed it. Then I downloaded and installed .NET 5.0.12. That worked for me. Nothing I tried that I read on the internet from Microsoft or anyone worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-09T16:43:44+00:00

    Exactly my experience.

    The response I got to my message (from an MS affiliated person) was obviously a cut& paste job as it recommended exactly the same procedure that I indicated in my original post that I already performed without success (running troubleshooter and rebooting).

    I once saw a posting that indicated that MS has a tool (which can be downloaded) to stop specific updates coming up (again and again). I would appreciate it much if somebody has information about it and can share with us.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-09T15:37:06+00:00

    Hi @IbrahimKonuk,

    if it's of any comfort, I'm getting exactly the same error installing this update (i.e. KB5007051) on Windows 10. This update was previously installed on my PC on 14th October. I had this problem once before on another update. I had to wait until someone at MS fixed it. I hope MS fix this soon. This is not very user friendly.

    Kind regards,

    RobDev

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-09T03:26:39+00:00

    Good Day IbrahimKonuk,

    My name is Carlo, I am also using Windows 11 pc and community member like you. Let us work together to sort this out.

    Visit these link and try these steps.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win...

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/tro...

    Once you perform those steps restart your computer and try to install the updates.

    I hope the information above helps. Please let me know how it goes.

    Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

    Sincerely,

    Carlo T.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments