Already installed 2021-10 .NET 5.0.11 Security Update for Windows 11 for x64 Client tries and fails

Anonymous
2021-12-09T02:20:22+00:00

I am getting Install Error - 0x80070643 on Windows 11 (22000.348). The update [2021-10 .NET 5.0.11 Security Update for Windows 11 for x64 Client (KB5007051)] is already installed. It downloaded the update successfully this evening. Retry results with the same error.

I tried Trouble shoot > Update wizard. It indicated it corrected an error without any specifics. But it did not resolve the problem.

I encountered the same problem on a Windows 10 computer last month or so. I saw on the forum that it was a Microsoft Update Catalog bug. Recommendation was to be patient at the time. The problem disappeared after few days by itself.

Thanks for any help.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-12-10T15:23:50+00:00

I once saw a posting that indicated that MS has a tool (which can be downloaded) to stop specific updates coming up (again and again). I would appreciate it much if somebody has information about it and can share with us.

The MS tool to disable specific updates goes by the name wushowhide and can be downloaded from here: https://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f22d5fdb-59cd-4275-8c95-1be17bf70b21/wushowhide.diagcab

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-09T14:00:41+00:00

    same issue

    2021-10 .NET Core 3.1.20 Update for Windows 11 for x64 Client (KB5007050) 0x80070643

    Install error - 0x80070643

    2021-10 .NET 5.0.11 Security Update for Windows 11 for x64 Client (KB5007051)

    Install error - 0x80070643

    tried suggestions to no avail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-09T13:00:57+00:00

    Just lending my confirmation/vote that this is a THEM (MS) problem, not a WE problem. All the standard troubleshooting practices in the world won't solve this problem. It must be fixed on THEIR end.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-09T15:35:58+00:00

    Same problem here. Just this morning 12/9/21 I got the exact same error. Tried SFC and DISM and all the other fixes suggested but still there. I think it's a MS problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-09T04:03:51+00:00

    Same problem with Windows 11 (21H2). Interesting is that listing Apps I see both ASP.NET CORE 5.0.10 Shared Framework (x64) (5.0.10.21410) and ASP.NET CORE 5.0.12 Shared Framework (x86) (5.0.12.21524).

    I guess I'll also wait till later this month :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments