Windows 11 Destroyed my computer

Anonymous
2021-12-15T22:06:30+00:00

Hello,

I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but the lockscreen background had changed. I entered my password and after an hour of "preparing your computer" the machine logged into my account, blank, no start menu, no programs, no access to anything just a newer Windows 11 background. Previous to this my machine updated to Windows 11 without any issues and I've used it now going on a month or so. Now I am left without any of my data and unable to produce any work. Who is going to fix this? Who is paying for what appears to be all my lost data? Who is paying the loss of productivity at work? I have no words just pure frustration combined with anger as I'm stuck trying to contact someone using a dinosaur laptop running Windows 7. After bricking a $2200 machine there's no point sticking with Microsoft at this point, Apple has never done this to me.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-03-12T10:34:55+00:00

    My heart goes out to you! I bought an IBUYPower PC with Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical  , nice tower , liquid cooling system and very good motherboard and NVIDA GeForce RTX 2070 Super GPU. One of the few last robust systems I have ever owned besides my old Gigabyte Tower Quad Intel Series I built.

    After 3 days from its update from 10 to 11 without my permission! I noticed my pc would just shutdown with no notice at all. On each and every reboot of the system? it would race my processor up to limits in overclocking for no reason! To the point, it over heated and damaged the Thermal Cooling system!

    I have a 24TB Nas system so my data I was able to save, prior to this update, My Seagate Nas mirrored my C \ Drive and all of its data. Thank God!

    In short I have to replace the Thermal cooling system $79-100, The Asrock Gaming Motherboard $128.00 and now here is the scary part! The i9 9900KF CPU ! I believe got damaged from the bizarre Bug Windows 11 put it thru! before I could really figure out what was going on to stop it. This cost $595.99 Via Newegg: Intel Core i9 9th Gen - Core i9-9900KF Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (5.0 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 95W BX80684I99900KF Desktop Processor Without Graphics - Newegg.com

    So far the cost of My repairs are $902.00 not including tax. My machine is no longer under warranty either! I have worked in IT for D.O.D for 14 years and I have never seen anything this bad since Vista!

    *I filled a complaint * Hopefully , I will get lucky and be able to save the processor.

    **So In Summary: WARNING! DO NOT! UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11 YET! IT COULD DESTROY YOUR PC.

    I don't know what in the code or kernel is causing it to do this? Or why Microsoft released such a harmful Install?? is Baffling! Seriously Messed up. **

    I am not giving up on Microsoft, even though I feel like I should, I hope they can repay me somehow for the damages. I hope they take ownership instead of all of us doing something very nasty.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-04-03T05:11:37+00:00

    Microsoft ruined both of my Window 7 computers by forcing people to accept Windows 11. . Why would they do that and then expect normal everyday people to perform all this downloading and rebooting that requires a professional computer technician to perform.

    I spent a half day with Costco computer people trying to get my Window 11 PC to run. They didn’t know what they were doing and my perfectly good computer was ruined by all these updates window keeps downloading. I had to have a new hard drive put in just before 1 year because it wouldn’t download updates from Microsoft. It is an invasion of privacy and destruction of property by changing records that people have paid good money for.

    If Microsoft would just give people the options of downloading it would be a perfect world. All my files disappeared last year because of Microsoft. My Ancestry Files that I had worked years on were gone and pictures. I did back them up but what right do they have for doing that? Now I have to buy a new computer and try putting my stuff back on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-04-23T03:37:01+00:00

    Last night update occurred, woke up to insiders beta preview been installed on my Asus Flipbook.

    Logged in , went to windows update, reported that update not working.

    Opened explorer it froze so did a hard reset as would not restart explorer via Taskmaster

    Dead…. Light blinking at start button, cannot boot. Nothing after powered off.

    Power light when adaptor plugged in but nothing zip nada ….. its a BRICK

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-26T16:13:03+00:00

    Hello,

    I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but the lockscreen background had changed. I entered my password and after an hour of "preparing your computer" the machine logged into my account, blank, no start menu, no programs, no access to anything just a newer Windows 11 background. Previous to this my machine updated to Windows 11 without any issues and I've used it now going on a month or so. Now I am left without any of my data and unable to produce any work. Who is going to fix this? Who is paying for what appears to be all my lost data? Who is paying the loss of productivity at work? I have no words just pure frustration combined with anger as I'm stuck trying to contact someone using a dinosaur laptop running Windows 7. After bricking a $2200 machine there's no point sticking with Microsoft at this point, Apple has never done this to me.

    its true win11 has destroy many customers confidence and trust in microsoft. MS is trying to control and exploit the freedom and democracratic rights of the individual.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-05-21T21:06:46+00:00

    they do not seem to understand most pc are useless unuseable or not even booting up due to this

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments