I'm stunned - a 6 month old Dell and the Windows 11 upgrade that crashed it. On the three times I tried to Update files - I lost every file I had. I have never had an experience this with Windows. Further, i was forced four times to buy McAfee and MS Office - which Windows 11 does not activate even after I have paid and paid for it. This is outrageous. My only work around- avoid DELL BLACK SCREEN garbage and avoid WINDOWS 11 like the plague. To lose months of work is debilitating. Who can I contact at Microsoft?
Windows 11 Destroyed my computer
Hello,
I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but the lockscreen background had changed. I entered my password and after an hour of "preparing your computer" the machine logged into my account, blank, no start menu, no programs, no access to anything just a newer Windows 11 background. Previous to this my machine updated to Windows 11 without any issues and I've used it now going on a month or so. Now I am left without any of my data and unable to produce any work. Who is going to fix this? Who is paying for what appears to be all my lost data? Who is paying the loss of productivity at work? I have no words just pure frustration combined with anger as I'm stuck trying to contact someone using a dinosaur laptop running Windows 7. After bricking a $2200 machine there's no point sticking with Microsoft at this point, Apple has never done this to me.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2022-08-10T23:06:18+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-03-07T00:52:03+00:00 My heart goes out to you! I bought an IBUYPower PC with Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical , nice tower , liquid cooling system and very good motherboard and NVIDA GeForce RTX 2070 Super GPU. One of the few last robust systems I have ever owned besides my old Gigabyte Tower Quad Intel Series I built.
After 3 days from its update from 10 to 11 without my permission! I noticed my pc would just shutdown with no notice at all. On each and every reboot of the system? it would race my processor up to limits in overclocking for no reason! To the point, it over heated and damaged the Thermal Cooling system!
I have a 24TB Nas system so my data I was able to save, prior to this update, My Seagate Nas mirrored my C \ Drive and all of its data. Thank God!
In short I have to replace the Thermal cooling system $79-100, The Asrock Gaming Motherboard $128.00 and now here is the scary part! The i9 9900KF CPU ! I believe got damaged from the bizarre Bug Windows 11 put it thru! before I could really figure out what was going on to stop it. This cost $595.99 Via Newegg: Intel Core i9 9th Gen - Core i9-9900KF Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (5.0 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 95W BX80684I99900KF Desktop Processor Without Graphics - Newegg.com
So far the cost of My repairs are $902.00 not including tax. My machine is no longer under warranty either! I have worked in IT for D.O.D for 14 years and I have never seen anything this bad since Vista!
*I filled a complaint * Hopefully , I will get lucky and be able to save the processor.
**So In Summary: WARNING! DO NOT! UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11 YET! IT COULD DESTROY YOUR PC.
I don't know what in the code or kernel is causing it to do this? Or why Microsoft released such a harmful Install?? is Baffling! Seriously Messed up. **
I am not giving up on Microsoft, even though I feel like I should, I hope they can repay me somehow for the damages. I hope they take ownership instead of all of us doing something very nasty
Guess what bro my pc just got roasted by windows 11 😣 lm a YouTuber and l use my laptop for video editing but now l don't have a laptop since it got roasted it's literally bricked 😭 l can't even open settings or reset it
-
Anonymous
2023-01-15T17:36:53+00:00 I have same problem. Microsoft destroyed my computer when Microsoft tried to update to windows 11. I hate that Microsoft thinks we want Contant change and that we enjoy frustration. I have used and understood computers for more than 25 years. at least 5 times a week. I don't want to or care to uninstall windows and reinstall and I don't know all the terms and setting that Microsoft uses. What makes you think that someone 75 wants this or knows how to get the printer to work again., I spent hours and hours and Your help to fix does not work at all and besides who want to read your stupid instructions for hours. My expensive computer is worthless and the biggest stress in my life. I need help and you only know how to destroy what was enjoyable to me. Really hate Microsoft for doing stuff to my property. G Ma Helen
-
Anonymous
2022-09-12T07:54:57+00:00 I didn't accept this "upgrade".... It killed my laptop and made my (half filled) 4tb XHD (personal storage...19 years of backup... Of family photos... Personal info.... ) useless... Currupted....
Gone.
Everything is gone. 🤬😢😡
-
Anonymous
2021-12-15T23:56:14+00:00 Hi Quiver888 -
I'm Jerico T., I understand that you're having some issues right now and I'd be more than happy to help you today.
Please try to restart (not shutdown) your computer 4 times, let it reach your desktop before the next restart and check if it will fix your concern. If in case the issue still persist, please boot your computer to safemode, click the link below for the steps.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sta...
In safemode, perform system restore.
System Restore
- System restore is where it will take your computer settings back to an earlier point in time where everything is working fine.
- Open the run box by pressing Windows Key + R and type rstrui.exe then press enter.
- System restore windows will open. Normally it will suggest a restore point(Sometimes it doesn't), if it does, select the 2nd option to select more restore points.
- Select your desired restore point date and time.
- Once selected, hit next and finish.
Windows will restart itself to start system restore. System restore might take some time to complete and it is very important that system restore must not be interrupted during restore process as it might damaged the operating system. System restore will take at least 20 minutes or more depending on the content of the computer and the changes on the settings that was done prior to the date selected. System restore will also removed application , updates and drivers installed prior to the date selected.
DISCLAIMER:
System Restore is a recovery tool for Windows that allows you to reverse certain kinds of changes made to the operating system. System Restore is used to return important Windows files and settings—like drivers, registry keys, system files, installed programs, and more—back to previous versions and settings. Being said all applications and changes made prior to the date selected will be removed and needs to be re-installed if its needed.
Feel free to reach back if you need any further assistance.
Hope this help. Have a good day.
Thank you,
Jerico T.