Found the solution. It seems mostly to do with Dell 7306+ the 771 pen. You can prove this by disabling bluetooth / remove the pairing of the pen. Remove pairing and pair again solves the issue.
Windows 11 causing malfunction to left Shift Key
Hello,
I have experienced this problem intermittently since updating to windows 11. The left shift key - which I use extensively when typing - does not sustain caps lock for consecutive alphabets such as when typing CAPS. Sometimes it also does not register the key press and will not activate caps lock or type special characters. This is not a hardware issue as it disappears when using Windows 10. Can I please have a solution for this as this highly impacts my work flow and is very annoying.
Thank you very much
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2023-07-15T11:45:06+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-06-01T02:25:36+00:00 I am having the exact same problem as you, I am using Macbook pro (x86), Win11 is installed as a secondary OS.
As mentioned above, this is related to Bluetooth, I have a DIY bluetooth keyboard that using this library https://github.com/T-vK/ESP32-BLE-Keyboard, the problem appears when this devices is connect to my laptop via bluetooth, now I made my laplop "forget" this device, and the problem is gone.
This problem does not appear on my Thinkpad, which is win10This problem does not appear on my MacOS in this MacBookThis problem does not appear on my Logi bluetooth keyboard that connecting to this MacBook
For future readers: If you find such problem as well, especially problem only on left shift, ctrl keys, not the right ones, try to focus on your bluetooth devices, testing by turn off the Bluetooth, then re-pair the devices to see which device could trigger this defect.
My system info:Release: Windows 11 pro21H222000.19361000.22001.1000.0
-
Anonymous
2022-01-30T18:38:39+00:00 Thanks BNXH.
I have also reinstalled Windows 11 and no problems so far.
-
Anonymous
2022-01-28T14:17:57+00:00 Have you found any solutions?
-
Reza-Ameri 45,896 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2022-01-24T16:17:00+00:00 Thank you for the clarification.
In this case try open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.
Clean Boot is just a mode and it won't affect any data and it won't remove any programs.
It just disable certain services and you could enable them later on.
This is a way to see if third-party services are causing the conflict or error.