I'm happy to know it worked for you. I upgraded to W11 about a month ago - still learning quirks. The media player "play all" option was there until just yesterday, so I don't know what changed, maybe an automatic upgrade? Either way, I can pause, minimize and later resume playing all my music just as you described, and then later maximize and resume play without losing a note of music. Best wishes!
Play/ Play All music folder option in win 11
Play/ Play All music folder option in win 11 is missing I need to highlight the media and right click to play the music, is it one of the win 11 feature to not have that option, or just a one of the win 11 errors.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2025-01-09T13:04:55+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-01-09T05:46:23+00:00 Ditch Microsoft Media Player and get VLC Media Player
Open VLC Media Player
Open folder with the files you want to play
When you select the folder, VLC begins playing immediately.
You can then select random, repeat, etc. as you wish from the menu at bottom.
-
Anonymous
2024-11-20T20:15:58+00:00 I agree 100%. Microsoft released Windows way to early.
-
Anonymous
2024-10-25T08:34:11+00:00 got to agree. Win11 is **** re music options
-
Anonymous
2024-10-19T01:21:50+00:00 Microsoft stopped caring what you want about 20 years ago. Since then they have eliminated every single feature that allowed you control anything in the OS. They say that it's still there, but instead of one or two clicks, it's literally 6 or 7 clicks IF you can find it. You can no longer right click and just say "Play". You have to install or allow 'bloatware'. As of this last update you can't just click into the path bar at the top to find most used paths. That's gone. Now you have to navigate 20 clicks in. After 40 years of using Windows, I'm leaving because they're spitting on our faces.