MS MCT ISO 22621.382, fails to upgrade from 22000.1042

Anonymous
2022-09-23T23:57:40+00:00

On 9/23/2022 I tried upgrading from 22000.1042 with ISO 22621.382 and got the message on the bottom screenshot.

What is weird is that the same exact process worked fine on Sept 21st. 2022.

I already have a working backup copy of the system that was upgraded on Sept 21st. ����

What is changed in the last 2 days? What is it complaining about? There is no explanation showing on the learn more link.

Windows 11, version 22H2 known issues and notifications | Microsoft Learn

Here is my FBH report link: https://aka.ms/AAi6ab9

This is a Dell XPS 8940.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-28T06:21:01+00:00

    Okay.

    Take your time.

    Quote: "Maybe when I try again next time"

    If you decide not to do it, that's okay too.

    Greetings

    Uploaded to google drive, I don't know how you get to those 2 files.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-28T05:55:32+00:00

    Okay.

    Take your time.

    Quote: "Maybe when I try again next time"

    If you decide not to do it, that's okay too.

    Greetings

    I actually just restored the 21H2 and I'm going to try with the ISO 22621.382 and upgrade now.

    And it just failed, now I have to try to upload the files you want to see, there are actually 2, see below.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. TekkieBoy 12,556 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-09-28T05:47:41+00:00

    Okay.

    Take your time.

    Quote: "Maybe when I try again next time"

    If you decide not to do it, that's okay too.

    Greetings

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-09-28T05:19:37+00:00

    @fg2001

    Can you do this:

    Open this path in Windows Explorer:

    C:$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther

    and then copy all files from this folder with the part name: _HumanReadable.XML on your desktop and upload them on Google Drive or another Filehoster.

    The part name before the "_HumanReadable.XML" is an unknown character string for me because it is different every time.

    For example, the full name could be: Xg6A60e5BU6jSnLb.999.3.6.0.0_APPRAISER_HumanReadable.xml.

    Thanks

    Maybe when I try again next time, right now I have 22621.607 on that box.

    I'll probably restore 21H2 tomorrow to check if MS fixes the Safeguard Hold they put on that box. Things change every day. 🤣

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments