When will the Intel Generation 11 CPU hold on the Install of 22H2 be resolved?

Anonymous
2022-09-24T17:52:02+00:00

I have 2 computers with the Intel 11th Generation CPU and both are in hold for installation to Windows 11 22H2. Apparently there is a driver issue with the CPU that conflicts with 22H2 and Microsoft has decided to not install until the issue is resolved. After an extensive search on the internet, I can find no information on this, certainly not on the Microsoft site and also not on the Intel site.

Does anyone have any information on this? Your replies are certainly welcome.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-09-30T00:19:26+00:00

I am happy to help RC.

Let me know if I can help further. I'll stay subscribed to this thread in case you need anything else, until the system locks it in a few months.

Also if any particular post provided the solution, please mark it as Answer or Helpful to help others who find this thread.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-24T20:53:48+00:00

    I should explain that I am not updating from Windows 10 to 11. I am attempting to update from Windows 11 Pro 21H1 to Windows 11 Pro 22H2, from Build 22000.1042 to Build 22621.xxx.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-24T20:33:37+00:00

    I should mention that which CPUs are in the two computers..

    An Inspiron 3891 --- i5-11400

    An Acer Nitro 5 --- i5-11400H

    And both computers pass the Health test 100%

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-24T20:29:19+00:00

    Below I have added two Partial Screenshots that explain the problem. The first is the message I get when trying to update. The second is a part of the page I get when I click on "Learn More". Finally, I am referred to KB 5006965, which is too large for a screenshot, so I refer you to that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-24T20:03:37+00:00

    Of my three systems, the 11th Gen system is the only one that has been offered and upgraded. It was done right at the time of the initial release, so something may have changed since then.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments