When will the Intel Generation 11 CPU hold on the Install of 22H2 be resolved?

Anonymous
2022-09-24T17:52:02+00:00

I have 2 computers with the Intel 11th Generation CPU and both are in hold for installation to Windows 11 22H2. Apparently there is a driver issue with the CPU that conflicts with 22H2 and Microsoft has decided to not install until the issue is resolved. After an extensive search on the internet, I can find no information on this, certainly not on the Microsoft site and also not on the Intel site.

Does anyone have any information on this? Your replies are certainly welcome.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-09-30T00:19:26+00:00

I am happy to help RC.

Let me know if I can help further. I'll stay subscribed to this thread in case you need anything else, until the system locks it in a few months.

Also if any particular post provided the solution, please mark it as Answer or Helpful to help others who find this thread.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-25T00:11:56+00:00

    Well, I already have the media creation tool and as long as I can roll it back, I think I'll try it. I have 7 computers and only the Optiplex 3891 and the Acer Nitro 5 do not have 22H2 installed, so I think I'll start by generating a System Restore Point and then installing. That may make the rollback not necessary ... but the rollback will still be there in case it is needed.

    Thanks Greg. Aren't Computers fun!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-24T20:57:59+00:00

    Yes, I am referring to the Feature Update 22H2 which is technically an Upgrade install that can be done best by using the latest bootable media which is always the latest version. This avoids Windows Update and Installation Assistant gating and bugs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-24T20:41:31+00:00

    You do not need to wait for Windows Update. As was already explained in one tutorial you should be able to manually Upgrade to Windows 11 by downloading the ISO from Media Creation Tool, double click to mount it, and right click Setup to Run as Administrator. This is explained more on the Download page ISO Download section by clicking the link Before you Start: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-downlo...

    Normally the ISO won't bee gated like Windows Update or Installation Assistant. It is also a better install.

    Keep me posted on your progress as I will be here to help until the case is resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-24T19:00:34+00:00

    Hi RC. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

    What is telling you this is gated if you can't find confirmation? Have you run the PC Health Check which developers tell us is the final word on compatibility? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows...

    This is what I find that might be helpful on this:

    https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/06/microso...

    https://thewincentral.com/windows-11-version-22...

    https://www.neowin.net/news/intel-ends-10th-gen...

    https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-mk/000188...

    If this is not exactly what you need, please explain a bit more so I can help you better. Otherwise feel free to ask back questions and keep me posted on your progress as I will be here to help until this is resolved.

    ______________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments